Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Meditation - Expression and Truth

I've been thinking a lot about expression lately. Recently I was privileged to see Dixon's Violin perform a few days ago at the Green Tavern in Chicago. I love soaking in experiences like this, where I'm in the presence of those expressing their soul so purely and beautifully. I'm endlessly fascinated -- especially as someone who has not always felt able to express themself so easily. I always take opportunities to observe and understand how others express themselves -- through music, art, speaking. These are the manifested forms from the Throat chakra. 

Energetically, expression is connected to the Throat chakra (no big surprise there). Related symbols and ideas are the color blue, the sword, and Truth. This is beyond just the everyday true or false concept. In the highest spiritual sense, Truth is that which is everlasting and universal. It is an expression of universal law that guides energy cycling throughout our existence. It's hard to fathom this concept with the logical brain, so bear with me, as the following insights are from my meditation last Saturday. 

The highest form of expression is Truth. At the opposite point if the Throat chakra is the medulla oblongata. This is the point in the human body where universal energy flows in, giving life. This is our will to live. Hence intimately and inherently linked to the Throat, and Truth, is Will. The will to speak the truth is the highest and most developed form of the Throat chakra energy, as the sword of Truth cuts through the duality of existence, presenting a universal reality beyond duality (the pair of opposites -- white and black, good and bad, right and wrong). Ultimately what's left of any discourse where there's Truth (as it manifests as a reality in a plane of existence) is not only non-duality and neutrality, but the tool used in the process, the will. The will exists even beyond Truth after duality has been neutralized. 

I find this to be a very beautiful thing -- the everlasting nature of the will and its powerful role in crafting reality. Tying the will from the Throat chakra to the Solar Plexus chakra is where more physical manifestation happens. This is what I've been understanding and experiencing more frequently in my day-to-day life -- my appreciation of the strength of will in all the forms it takes. I have the utmost respect for those who exhibit such mastery of expression and I aspire to reach their level!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Select Google Account (if you have gmail) or Anonymous as a default (and be sure to leave your name!)